My name is Benjamin Neil, a polyglot engineer in Colorado. I have had the privilege to work the past eleven years making websites, services, documentation and tools for amazing companies.
I’m obsessed with technology and programming - mainy linux, hypervisors, containers, unikernels, scala, rust, go etc. Ive got a real problem researching tools and enjoy writing then rewriting internal documentation.
Recently (well in 2016) I co-authored a book called Professional Scala, it was an exciting experience and I really enjoyed the feedback from the scala community.
- Developer Death March - A blog about developer horror stories and funny content
Things in progress
- Thinking through some medium articles or maybe write.as
- Looking into things involving the indie web movement
Some fun facts about this site and me:
- The first program I made was a Mortal Kombat Trivia game
- I used to run a BBS called “Serious Games” using Wildcat! BBS
- My favorite DOOR game was “Legend of the Red Dragon”
- Hugo’s House of Horrors is my favorite adventure game - followed by Monkey Island and Loom
- The longest ive been awake coding / releasing software was just over three days.
- I really like using the tomato timer to segregate work sessions
- This site was coded in Vim using lots of plugins mentioned at spf13-vim
Have questions or suggestions? Feel free to ask me on Twitter.
Thanks for reading!